Thank you for your message, someone from the team will be in touch very soon.
Salesforce Business Analyst
This is a permanent role that sits within the wider Data, Insights and Innovation team. As a result of the breadth of responsibility within the team, the candidate will have an opportunity to learn more widely about the business, analysis, innovation and strategy more generally. The team also has a real ethos of learning, sharing, and supporting each other.
Purpose of the Role
The key objectives of the role are to help maintain, build and further develop our existing Salesforce implementation and to contribute to delivering our ambitious Salesforce roadmap which underpins and is central to enabling a number of business opportunities. This is a role that requires knowledge and experience of point-and-click customisation; experience of programmatic development is not required.
The Salesforce Business Analyst will report to the Salesforce & BI Manager and will work closely with other stakeholders such as sales, marketing, operations, IT and finance. Given we are a small team, this role is notably not one of simply implementing others’ projects, but for the successful candidate to shape the agenda and design projects themselves.
- Business Analysis
- Translate the business need into Salesforce projects – which should entail independent and critical thinking and problem solving.
- Gathering requirements and translating them to user stories and technical specifications.
- Managing Salesforce projects across the entire project life cycle.
- Evaluating project success with key stakeholders and thorough documentation of outcomes and future recommendations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders, make recommendations and challenge requests to deliver optimal solutions.
- Admin duties
- Act as first-line support towards incoming requests and ensure that requests are responded to in line with SLAs.
- Configuration of standard and custom objects and fields.
- Creation and maintenance of business logic, including working with Process Builder, Flow Builder, approval processes and validation rules.
- Monitor and improve data quality and contribute to maintain high levels of data quality standards.
- Create and maintain admin documents and documentation of business processes.
- Train new and experienced users on existing and new Salesforce functionalities.
- Help to maintain the security of the org.
- User maintenance.
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports.
Key Skills and attributes
- 2-4 years of relevant Salesforce experience.
- Experience working with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud is required.
- Experience working with Pardot and Tableau is advantageous.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator qualification plus at least one of the following certifications: Advanced Administrator, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Platform App Builder.
- Proven track record of managing Salesforce projects and hands on experience with Salesforce administration and configuration tasks.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Process Builder, Flow Builder, approval processes and validation rules.
- Ability to translate user requirements into point-and-click solutions.
- Systematic and logical thinking.
- Independent and critical thinking and problem solving
- An interest in driving commercial value for the business.
- Real pride in delivering great work.
- Strong communication and listening skills across a number of stakeholders.
- Confident in working with others, including senior stakeholders.
- A focused interest in learning about new Salesforce features and products and interest in the programmatic side of Salesforce is a plus.