Guest Experience Manager
Purpose of the role
Due to some internal progression and movement we have an exciting opportunity for a Guest Experience Manager (GEM) to join our team in London.
The GEM supports the General Manager in managing all aspects of a Fora House (site), and in ensuring House Residents have the best experience. The GEM is tasked with overseeing all Front of House operations, implementing staff training and owning administrative duties.
- Lead the concierge team in delivering highest standards of service to all residents, guests and clients.
- Lead by example in building and maintaining inter personal relationships with colleagues and residents
- Oversee and maintain efficient day to day front desk and concierge operations
- Accountable for all FOH procedures, processes and IT systems
- Oversee stock control, ordering & deliveries
- Monitor and maintain building ‘wellness’ and communicate any cleaning or maintenance issues
- Liaise closely with the sales team to ensure maximum capacity of your building and any available desks
- Support the GM with invoicing and building management fees
- Be proactive with events programme in your building and liaising with the events team
- Oversee and support the onboarding and off boarding of residents
- Effectively and efficiently deal with complaints and ensure these are escalated where necessary.
- 2+ years’ experience in the hospitality, retail, serviced office or co-working industry
- Experience selling desk space within an office environment is beneficial
- Highly refined verbal and writing communication skills
- Good organisation skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Individual with enviable customer service skills
- Very well organised & excellent time-keeping
- Professional integrity, trustworthy
- As well as the opportunity to join an innovative business creating a market leading product, we provide a comprehensive Benefits Package, that includes:
- Annual bonus
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes, including courses with EHL Ecole Hotel Lausanne
- Regular colleague social and well being events
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group as we continue to expand
- Free Gym access and classes (Physical and Mental well-being)
- Company Benefits (Cycle to work, Employee Assistance Programme, Health Cash Plan, Extra Holiday)
- Access to Fora events throughout the portfolio
- £350 uniform allowance
If you are looking for a company that allows you to be yourself and cherishes individuals, then we want to hear from you.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.