Fora Member House Rules UK
Last Updated: 28 November 2023
- Coming and going
- Not so hidden extras
- Coworking space use
- Fora Virtual membership
- Lockers and belongings
- Lounge areas
- Communal areas
- Use of our terraces
- Booking meeting rooms
- Changes to meeting room bookings
- Cancellation of meeting room bookings
- Unauthorised use of meeting rooms and other bookable facilities
- Catering services
- Use of Fora buildings
- Dogs and other pets
- Post and deliveries
- Personal data
- Health and safety
- In case of an emergency
- Gyms and bike storage
- Kitchens, bathrooms and showers
- Cafés and bars
- IT and telephony services
- Communications Room Access Policy
To keep you safe, secure, and happy in our buildings, we’ve laid out some ground rules below. If you have any questions about these, please feel free to discuss them with your General Manager.
These House Rules set out some rules and regulations that apply to your use of the Fora buildings and services and are supplementary to our terms and conditions. Any breach of these rules by you or one of your employees could lead to a termination of your occupational agreement or the exclusion of employees from Fora buildings. The definitions used in the terms and conditions shall have the same meaning in these House Rules.
1. Access to your Home Building is 24/7 and our team are on-site to support you during our standard operating hours (except on holidays). These vary from building to building, please liaise with the relevant member experience team at each building for confirmation of these hours.We may alter the access to your Home Building (or any other Fora building) at any time at our reasonable discretion.
Fora Owned and Fora Roam have access to the lounge areas only between 8.30am - 6pm Monday to Friday.
2. Fora Owned and Fora Roam have access;
a. to the coworking areas and lounge areas 24/7 in their Home Building; and
b. to all other Fora buildings, between the hours of 8:30am – 9pm on business days (with the exception of the Shard, where the standard operating hours are between 8:30am – 6pm), and at such other times as we may agree.In order to access these buildings up to 9pm, you must arrive and sign in before 6pm, and when leaving, you will need to leave your signed-out access card in the drop box provided. Please note that in order to use the coworking areas and lounge areas in The Shard, 20 Station Road (Cambridge), The Bloomsbury Building, 20 Eastbourne Terrace, Black and White, Brock House, Gridiron, White Collar Factory, and One Canada Square, Eastside, No 1 Aire Street, Orion House, Reading, St Nicholas House (Bristol), Bluefin, Pressehaus Podium, Kontorhaus, Haus am Domplatz, Oper 46 and Linden Palais, you are required to book at least 24 hours in advance in order to gain access by emailing the member experience team at the relevant building in advance. For further information, please speak to the member experience team in your Home Building. If you wish to use a Fora Building with a study space outside of the usual operating hours, you will need to book a Health and Safety Briefing during these hours, on or before your first visit. Please note that operating hours maybe vary from building to building and can be confirmed by speaking to any member of the member experience team at the relevant building.
3. Douglas House, Manchester Square, 20 Grosvenor Street, access is limited to office members whose Home Building is the building in question.
4. Access to coworking areas and lounge areas is on a first come, first served basis and there may be times when space may not be available, in which case we may suggest use of a coworking area or lounge area in another Fora building.
5. Coworking Fora Owned members will be allocated a dedicated desk within the Coworking Study Space, for further information please speak to the member experience team in your Home Building.
6. Any Leeds Aire Street, Cambridge, Reading or St Nicholas House - BristolFora Roam and/or Fora Owned members who attend any other Fora Buildings for more than two days per week shall automatically be charged at the full Fora Roam and/or Fora Owned membership rate applicable to Fora Buildings located in London.
7. During the hours that our member experience team aren’t on site to support you, for security purposes please don’t let others access Fora buildings without ensuring that they have permission to access the relevant building.
8. To access Fora buildings you will be allocated a swipe card for each person we have set the office up for, together with up to two keys to your own office space where your office is lockable by key. Lost swipe cards can be ordered at a cost £20 + VAT per item. Additional access cards may be requested from your member experience team and issued at our discretion. Any additional cards will incur a monthly charge per card. Quotes for keys can be provided on request by the member experience team and will vary dependant on building. Swipe cards may only be used by the individual to whom they are assigned.
9. On your last day, please return all keys and swipe cards. Should any not be returned you may be liable to a charge that will be taken from your deposit (equivalent to the cost of the key and/or swipe card).
10. From time-to-timeFora buildings will undergo refurbishments and/or design changes and we may make changes to the size, areas and layouts of Fora buildings and the office spaces.
Coming and going
1. If you are leaving the office, even just for a bit, please ensure you always lock the door behind you. If you are making use of our bike store, ensure the doors close securely behind you. All other Members must use the main entrance.
2. Please do not prop open any doors or activate the emergency release button. During this time, be vigilant of doors closing fully behind you, and be sure to report any suspicious behaviour to the member experience team.
3. We will always strive let you know in advance if contractors need to enter your space. Our cleaners, security and maintenance teams are easily identifiable by their uniform which will have Fora branding or will wear a visitor badge identifying them as contractors.
Not so hidden extras
1. Data Port Activation – there will be one active port per desk. Any additional available ports will be charged at £50 (exclusive of VAT) per port.
2. IT Engineer Hours – Engineer work will be charged at £100 per hour between 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Out of hours requests are £150 /hour (2-hour minimum evening charge and 4 hours minimum weekend charge).
3. Floor box moves – floor boxes are positioned in places to match the floor plan, or to sit in the trays underneath the flooring. If you would like floor boxes moved, a quote can be prepared on request provided such move is considered reasonable. They will need to be moved back when the office is vacated, this will incur a dilapidations charge. Any requests for additional power or floor boxes to be installed will be quoted at the time of request.
4. Maintenance Team Assistance – our maintenance team offer 1 hour of free maintenance time on move in. Any additional requests are charged at £55 per hour (£55 per hour for out of hours with a minimum charge of £220). Any parts purchased by Fora will be recharged.
5. Access Cards and Office/Furniture Keys – lost access cards or keys will be charged for. Access cards are £20 each and keys start at £15 for furniture keys and £20 for office door keys.
6. Alterations – if you wish to adapt your space to better suit your ways of working, we will work with you to submit an Alterations quote. This includes an up-front cost. The cost to reinstate will be included within the reasonable dilapidations charge due in accordance with your agreement when you vacate the office space.
7. Furniture – your workstation count will be agreed during onboarding prior to move in. This number is subject to change, should regulations require us to do so. If you would like to request to remove and add workstations, there may be a charge for delivery and/or removal.
8. Call Forwarding – if we currently handle your phone calls and you have purchased the “call forwarding” and “call answering” add on to your membership we will forward your calls during standard operating hours.You acknowledge that we will require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of any changes to the way you would like us to handle your phone calls.
9. Call Answering – if you currently use our Call Answering service, we will answer your calls in your company name before transferring them to the number you provide us with. This service will be active between the standard hours for the relevant building (excluding weekends and public holidays). Call Answering will be charged at our prevailing rate (as will have been notified to you at the time of setting up the service). If we deem the number of calls to be excessive, we shall contact you about this service. If you fail to limit your usage thereafter, we retain the right to suspend your Call Answering service with immediate effect.
Coworking space use
1. Coworking areas are not designed to be permanent workspaces and we may withhold access to coworking areas if we believe your use of the space is impeding other members having fair use of the space. If we are concerned that you are using the coworking areas in this way, we will discuss with you the potential upgrading of your membership to a specific desk in your chosen Fora building or in the nearest alternative Fora building.Access to coworking spaces and communal areas are dependent on availability and there is no guarantee that there are free desks or lounge areas at any given time.
2. You may bring up to 2 guests into the shared lounge areas at any one time for a maximum of two hours (for discreet meeting purposes of up to 4 people) and it is your responsibility to ensure they comply with these rules. At our discretion, we may ask you to book a meeting room if your group exceeds this number.
3. Your guests will be required to sign in and out with the member experience team every time you enter and leave a Fora building.
4. Please use areas with due regard to the rights and interests of other users, including, without limitation, having regard to noise levels (including phone use and music), disturbance, the amount of space you are using and your use of the wireless connections.
5. Please don’t spread out papers, coats and bags in a way that will stop members from working from other seats and keep the space tidy and clear of rubbish and any obstructions. Please use the cloakroom, lockers or coat hooks that are there for your convenience.
6. Please make use of the kitchen and break-out space for consuming your snacks and food. Please be considerate of other members when consuming strong smelling food.
Fora Virtual membership
1. All Virtual Office members can access our Lounges. Access to Lounges is subject to a) availability b) pre booking c) prior payment of the Lounge Access Fee for both you and any guests and d) compliance with any reasonable terms of access.
2. The Lounge Access Fee is currently £45 per day or £10 per hour for all London buildings, £35 per day for Cambridge and £25 per day for Reading, 1 Aire Street Leeds and St Nicholas House Bristol. These are subject to change. We recommend you contact the relevant member experience team to check the fee.
3. You and your guests must sign in and out with the member experience team on each visit.
Lockers and belongings
1. If you leave the seat that you’re working from for more than 30 minutes, please take your belongings with you or place them in a locker. Day lockers are available until 6.00pm each day in the Fora Buildings by request at reception and are free of charge. If you do leave your belongings unattended for more than 15 minutes, we may remove such items from the relevant areas and/or place them in a locker. Any belongings left in our lockers overnight will be removed.
2. If your items are removed from our lockers or other relevant areas, please ask the member experience team in the relevant Fora building.
3. We will keep all items removed from lockers or the areas for a period of six weeks, following which your items shall be treated as abandoned by you and will be disposed of or destroyed by us accordingly. We accept no liability for goods removed from our lockers or other relevant areas and we will have no responsibility to you for any such disposal or destruction regardless of the value of those belongings.
4. If you lose a key to one of our free lockers, you will be liable for replacing the lost key or whole lock if necessary.
5. You are responsible for your belongings that you bring with you, including anything you choose to store in our lockers.
6. You will be responsible for any equipment that you borrow from our member experience team (e.g. phone chargers), liable for damage caused to such equipment and the cost of any equipment not returned to our member experience team by 6pm on the day that it is borrowed.
1. Lounge areas may be used for recreation, individual working or short, informal meetings.
2. Lounge areas are not designed for lengthy meetings, and we reserve the right to terminate your access to the lounge areas if we believe your use of the space is impeding other members having fair use of the space.
1. Communal areas are there for Fora members to enjoy and although we have cleaning teams on site to support, please do clean up after yourself to keep the space a welcoming environment.
2. Please do not use the communal areas to conduct formal meetings and be aware that we may ask you to move into a meeting room (at your expense) should we discover you are using the space inappropriately or preventing other Fora members and their guests from enjoying the space.
3. Please use the communal areas with due regard to other users and in particular, have regard to your noise levels. If you are making too much noise, you may be asked to leave the relevant communal area.
4. While we want you to be able to use the communal areas freely, please respect that other Fora members may be using the communal areas for other purposes and may require a degree of privacy and quietness. Likewise, if the space is noisy and you need somewhere quiet to focus, you may need to move to a different area.
5. Please make use of the phone booths and focus booths, when you need a private area to focus, make calls or join virtual meetings. Please do not occupy the phone and focus booth spaces for prolonged periods of time. If we are concerned your use of the booths is impeding other users having fair use of these spaces, we may ask you to relocate to a different area.
6. Not everybody shares the same taste in music, so please do not to listen to music or any other audio at a volume audible to others in communal areas.
7. Please respect others when using your mobile phone in communal areas and avoid loud phone conversations.
Use of our terraces
1. Please do not take glass, including bottles, onto our terraces.
2. Please do not smoke or use e-cigarettes on our terraces.
3. If the terrace you are on has a licenced bar, you will only be permitted to consume alcohol purchased from the terrace’s bar.
4. Please leave our terraces in the condition in which you found them, clearing all items and using the waste bins provided.
5. Please do not do anything that causes damage, nuisance or annoyance to other Fora members or staff, or any occupants of neighbouring premises. We politely ask that you keep noise to reasonable levels when using our terraces.
6. Opening hours for our terraces differ and should be checked with the relevant member experience team or by telephone. You will not use our terraces outside of the usual opening hours without prior written consent.
7. If you are using our terrace outside of the usual opening hours and require assistance, please dial the out of hours number on your access card or, if your access card does not have a contact number, speak to your member experience team about the protocol to follow in this situation prior to using the terraces outside of the usual opening hours.
8. We reserve the right to close or temporarily suspend use of our terraces at our discretion for any reason (including for holding private events).
9. If you wish to hold an event, please contact our events team. You must not hold an event without our prior permission. Further information on how to contact our events team can be obtained from the member experience team.
10. For the purposes of the House Rules: an “event” is a gathering on our terraces, of 10 or more people; and the “terraces” are the open communal areas in our buildings.
Booking meeting rooms
1. Please book meeting rooms by submitting a request to your member experience team via email, telephone or by attending the front desk of any Fora building.
2. We will send you a booking confirmation recording the details of that booking (including the fee payable).
3. You accept that all your employees whose names are notified to us are able to book rooms on behalf of your business.
4. Payment for meeting rooms will be taken at the time of booking for Fora Virtual members. For Fora Office, Fora Owned and Fora Roam, payment will be taken by direct debit along with your service fee invoice.
Changes to meeting room bookings
1. Members – Members can modify their meeting room bookings using the app or the portal up to 24 hours before the scheduled start time. For boardroom bookings, modifications must be made at least 48 hours in advance. If you do not have access to the app or portal, you can contact your member experience team for assistance.
2. Non-Members – Non-members can amend their meeting room or boardroom bookings through the app or the portal up to 7 working days before the scheduled start date. Alternatively, you can contact your member experience team for assistance.
Cancellation of meeting room bookings
Cancellations can be made by contacting the member experience team of the Fora building where your booking was made by telephone or in person. Any cancellation made will not be effective unless and until we confirm acceptance of that cancellation by sending you an email confirmation of the cancellation.
1. Members – Meeting room bookings cancelled with less than 1 working days’ notice or boardroom bookings cancelled with less than 2 working days’ notice will still be chargeable in full by the original payment method.
2. Non-members – Any meeting room or boardroom booking cancelled by non-members with less than 7 days’ notice will still be chargeable in full by the original payment method.
Unauthorised use of meeting rooms and other bookable facilities
1. Fora reserves the right to charge for a minimum of one hour in the scenario of Members occupying meeting rooms or other bookable facilities. In the instance of repeated offences Fora do reserve the right to take further actions including but not limited to removing meeting room credits.
2. If you wish to make any change to your booking, you can do so by notifying the member experience team at the Fora building where your booking was made in person or by telephone. Please notify us of any changes as soon as possible. We will let you know if the change is possible and, if so, we will let you know about any changes to the fee payable in respect of such booking or anything else arising as a result of your requested change. We will then ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If you do not wish to go ahead with the change, your booking shall remain unaltered unless you wish to cancel your booking.
3. There may be occasions where, due to circumstances beyond our control, your booking may be affected. We reserve the right to make any changes necessary to your booking until such time as we are able to resume normal performance.
4. If we need to change your booking, we shall notify you of such change as soon as we can, and you shall be entitled to cancel your booking accordingly. In such an instance, no cancellation fee shall be payable.
1. In addition to making available meeting rooms, we may (depending in which Fora building you are making a booking) make available to you catering services. Prior to the date of your booking, we will let you have details of the catering services available in the relevant Fora building so that you may pre-order any required food or beverages.
2. If catering services are provided by us at the Fora building then, unless we agree otherwise at the time of a booking, any food or beverages to be consumed in a meeting room must be purchased through the catering services offered to you at the Fora building.
3. Any amounts payable in connection with the catering services ordered or any charges applied will be payable on your next invoice.
Use of Fora buildings
1. You shall use the Fora buildings only for conducting your usual business in your own name and not for any medical or retail purposes involving frequent visits by members of the public or for any other use.
2. You shall not display any advertisement, signboards, nameplate, inscription, flag, banner, placard, poster, signs or notices anywhere in the Fora buildings (including on doors and windows) without our prior written consent.
3. You shall not use our name or the specific brand of Fora or any Fora building in any way in connection with the promotion of your business.
4. You shall not use any Fora building s your registered office address or your address for service of legal proceedings, unless you have first purchased a Fora Virtual membership and you have been authorised by us to do so.
5. You and your employees shall assist us in performing our obligations specified in our terms and conditions. Such co-operation shall include access to any office space and equipment.
6. You shall not take into any Fora building or have delivered to a Fora Building any noxious, harmful, dangerous, or perishable objects. Standard office consumables will not be considered a breach of this rule.
7. You shall not burn any candles or incense or light any fires in Fora buildings.
8. Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is prohibited in the communal areas or anywhere else inside Fora buildings, including outdoor spaces such as terraces.
9. Soliciting, canvassing and selling goods of any kind is prohibited in Fora buildings save with our prior written approval.
10. Neither you nor any of your employees in any Fora building shall:
o Take any illegal drugs.
o Engage in inappropriate, sexual, offensive or intimidating behaviour.
o Be under the influence of excess alcohol.
11. You shall not operate microwaves or any other cooking appliance, which has not been provided by us, within any Fora building.
We expect all Fora Members to interact with one another and with our staff in a respectful and professional manner. Any incidences of harassment or inappropriate behaviour and language will result in an offender being prohibited access to all Fora buildings and (where applicable) having membership cancelled.
Dogs and other pets
1. Before bringing any dog or other pet into a Fora building, please check with the relevant GeneralManager. Note that there are certain properties where animals are not allowed due to lease restrictions.
2. If agreed by the GeneralManager, you may bring your dog/pet into a Fora building as long as you clean up after it, ensure that it does not disturb others and pay for any damage caused. Such permission may be revoked at any time and will be subject to the number of animals in any one Fora building. Dogs must be kept on a lead in communal areas.
3. If a General Manager believes (at his or her discretion) that a dog/pet is causing disturbance, damage or any other negative issue they may stipulate that the animal is no longer allowed in a Fora building, in which case you shall remove it immediately.
4. We allow this due to the noted benefits of having support animals within the buildings, such as increased motivation, reduced stress levels and a talking point for relationship building with colleagues. Members should decide internally if they allow dogs in their office before requesting permission from Fora. These pets are only allowed to roam freely within their designated office space and must be kept on a lead within all other communal spaces on the property. Fora takes no responsibility for the welfare of any pets onsite, and it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure the dog is kept away from other Members, guests and staff unless explicitly expressed otherwise by the other person. Any issues or complaints to do with a particular dog should be raised to the General Manager of the site for review, and actions will be taken accordingly on a case-by case basis. Any allergies or phobias that are highlighted to us by a member will be reviewed and actioned accordingly on a case-by-case basis.
5. Other things any member who wishes to bring a dog into our buildings should bear in mind:
a. The owners take full responsibility for their dog.
b. There should be no more than one dog per office, unless reviewed and agreed in advance with Fora.
c. Dogs should be micro-chipped and house trained.
d. Dogs should be kept on a lead when out of the office and in the communal areas
e. Dog are not allowed within cafe areas.
f. Dogs are not to be left unattended at any time.
g. Any costs for damage made by the dog will be recharged to the member.
h. Any cleaning costs incurred as a result of the dog will be recharged to the member.
i. Owners must make sure their dog does not wander into restricted areas.
j. Owners are solely accountable and responsible for their dog’s behaviour.
k. Members should refer to the dangerous and banned dogs lists on the gov.uk website before requesting access to site, as these breeds will not be permitted.
l. Members will need approval from the site General Manager for any larger breeds.
m. Fora reserves the right to refuse access or request the removal of any dog without explanation.
Post and deliveries
1. The member experience team at your Home Building will accept mail and parcels to be sent on your behalf to third parties between the hours of 8:30am – 6pm on the usual business days. We will try to ensure timely dispatch, but we will not be liable for any damage or loss arising from such dispatch (or failure to dispatch).
2. We shall accept receipt of mail and small parcels addressed to you at your Home Building between the hours of 8:30am – 6pm on business days. While we will try to safeguard the mail and parcels, we receive, we cannot accept any responsibility for any damage or loss. In the event that we are unable for any reason to deliver these to you, or if you fail to collect them from your designated mailbox within 14 days of receipt, we may dispose of them or return them to sender.
3. The reception teams will notify you of receipt of your parcel and, should your building have a post room, the deliveries will be stored in your corresponding pigeonhole or delivery shelf for collection.
4. We will not accept delivery of large or heavy parcels or mail where we have concerns about the contents. We may, at our discretion, refuse to handle parcels where we have compliance or security concerns. If you only hold a Fora Virtual membership with us, we will not accept parcels that do not fit in a standard sized letterbox.
5. Fora Virtual addresses for additional entities: If you wish to register additional entities under a Fora address, this will be chargeable per entity and will incur an additional cost. Please note that a contract will need to be signed for each entity, along with a direct debit mandate and necessary compliance checks and documents that we require.
1. Fora Space Limited, its affiliated and group companies (“We” “us“, “our” or “Fora“) provides flexible workspace (our “Space“) and related services (our “Services“). Fora publish a website at www.foraspace.com (the “Website“) and web mobile applications (“Apps“) in connection with our Services. For further information on how we use your personal information, GDPR and CCTV recordings, please follow the link to our policy https://Fora.Foraspace.com/Fora-website-and-app-privacy-policy.
2. We have CCTV in strategic areas of our Fora buildings to safeguard our staff, our members and our property. To assist in the prevention of crime, high resolution images may be recorded at any time, but access will be restricted, and images will only be disclosed in accordance with purposes for which they were originally collected.
3. You shall not interfere with, obstruct or obscure any of our equipment, including but not limited to access card readers, CCTV cameras and any other security measures.
1. Personal data may be collected by us from time to time in respect of member occupation of the relevant Fora Building. This is necessary for security purposes so that we are aware at all times of the number and identity of building occupants. Access to such information will be restricted and may only be disclosed for necessary health and safety or security reasons.
1. We may for marketing purposes take photographs or video footage in our Fora buildings. These images and footage may include you and your guest and by being a member you consent to us doing so.
2. If you wish to use any of our images of Fora buildings then you must request this in writing with a copy of the images you wish to use.
3. You agree that any images or material from any document or webpage produced by us (including data, illustrations, designs, photographs, video clips, text, graphics and logos) are owned exclusively by us and/or our content providers. Any use or distribution is prohibited without our prior written permission.
Health and safety
1. Fire alarms and evacuations outside of the weekly alarm testing must be treated as a real time emergency and the correct evacuation procedure followed to vacate the building.
2. Children must be supervised in Fora locations at all times.
3. In the event of a fire alarm, please calmly leave the building via your nearest emergency exit and gather at the nearest assembly point or make your way away from the building as advised. The fire alarm is tested every week; your member experience team will let you know when to expect each test.
4. First aid: if you or anyone in your team feels unwell or is injured, please request assistance from the member experience team. First aid boxes are kept with the member experience team and Fora has appointed trained first aiders within each team.
5. The member experience team can tell you who the first aider is on each shift, other than in exceptional circumstances where a first aider is not available.
6. Reporting accidents and near misses - Please report any accidents or near misses to the General Manager of your building as soon as possible. It is important that Fora be made aware of all incidents so we can ensure they do not happen again. You will be asked to fill out an incident report form which should also be returned promptly.
7. If you see anything out of the ordinary, please let your member experience team know. While Members are responsible for their personal health and safety, we want to keep you and your possessions as safe as possible whilst in our buildings. Our buildings are equipped with extensive safety measures, but it is important we work together to ensure your safety, and that of your fellow members. To do this, there are a few things to keep in mind while using our spaces. Our member experience teams across all Fora locations have been trained to react on the off chance of a security breach or emergency. We also have CCTV in the majority of communal spaces and private offices, as well as access control and intruder alarms.
In case of an emergency
1. If an incident occurs, we may need to evacuate without triggering the fire alarm.
2. Please follow guidance from your member experience team, security, or police. Please do not use the fire exit or emergency routes for any other purpose than in an emergency.
Gyms and bike storage
1. For buildings with un-staffed gyms, any member wishing to use the equipment must be inducted and sign a waiver form which can be obtained from one of the member experience team.
2. Bikes are left in bike storage areas at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage or lost items.
3. Gyms are bookable via the Manor app between 6am – 9pm, outside of these times the gyms are not in use.
4. If you are a regular cyclist, please speak with your member experience team to arrange bike access.
5. It is very important you follow our rules and recommendations in respect of e-scooters and e-bikes. When these are improperly stored or maintained, they can cause fires to break out which escalate quickly and may prevent safe exit from the Building.
6. Charging of e-scooters and e-bikes is strictly prohibited within Fora buildings.
7. E-scooters and e-bikes must only be stored within cool, dry bike stores where fire detection is installed. Please make the member experience team at the relevant Fora Building aware if you wish to store your e-scooter or e-bike at the building. The team will be happy to advise you of the safest place.
8. E-scooters and e-bikes must not be stored in or, near access/exit routes. These are clearly marked within all Fora Buildings. Please ask our member experience teams should you need these highlighted.
9. Only e-scooters and e-bikes with batteries and chargers purchased from a reputable supplier which, meet UK safety standards and that haven’t been converted or modified in any way, are permitted to be stored within any Fora Building (this includes any external areas designated for bike storage).
10. As an e-bike or e-scooter owner, you are responsible for noticing and acting upon warning signs of a failing battery (e.g. visual damage, bulging or swelling, extreme heat, leaking, strong smell, unusually short battery life, emitting smoke, hissing or cracking sound).
Kitchens, bathrooms and showers
Please treat these areas with respect by:
1. Removing towels and personal items from shower rooms after use.
2. Placing dirty crockery and cutlery in the dishwashers after use.
3. Leaving bathrooms clean and tidy. Any items other than toilet roll should not be flushed down the toilets.
Cafés and bars
1. Only items purchased at the building cafes and bars should be consumed in the café areas.
IT and telephony services
The following definitions shall apply in this section of the Fora House Rules:
a. “Communal Wifi” means the unprotected shared communal wifi made available by us Fora Buildings;
b. "IP Rights" means intellectual property rights of any nature anywhere in the world whether registered, registerable or otherwise, including patents, trademarks, registered designs and domain names, applications for any of the foregoing, trade or business names, copyright, design rights, rights in databases, know-how and any other intellectual property rights which subsist in computer software, computer programs, websites, documents, information, techniques, business methods, drawings, logos, instruction manuals, lists and procedures;
c. "Network" means the (i) hardware, including computers (desktop or laptop), telephone handsets, servers, communications equipment, printers, scanners, cabling, peripheral computer equipment and other physical equipment; (ii) infrastructure, including the cables, sockets and data points, local and wide area network links and ports installed from time to time at the Fora Buildings and patch leads, communication leads and other similar peripheral computer equipment; and (iii) software, including desktop operating systems and software, word processing systems and software, mail client software and other IP Rights; all of which are owned by or licensed to us for the purposes of the provision of the IT & Telephony Services.
d. 'Network Connection' means the Internet connection provided to you in accordance with these Fora House Rules;
e. 'Network Services Supplier' means any third-party supplier providing to us certain services in connection with the provision of the IT & Telephony Services;
f. “Shared Internet Access" means access to bandwidth shared by you with other users.
g. 'Shared Services' means the services which provide you with Shared Internet Access.
h. “Telecommunication Lines” means the telecommunication lines and equipment belonging to us including Internet access, telephone and data lines.
2. IT & Telephony Services
a. If you have licensed office space from us and have not declined our IT Services, Telephony Services or IT and Telephony Services we will provide those IT & Telephony Services that you have chosen to receive from us to you in accordance with this section of the Fora House Rules.
b. Any targets dates for performance of our obligations set out in this section are estimates only and time will not be of the essence for the performance of our obligations.
c. If we require a change to the scope or execution of the IT & Telephony Services, we shall submit written details of the change to you and provide a written estimate to you of the likely time required to implement such change, any variations to our charges and any other material changes to our terms.
d. If you request a change to the scope or execution of the IT & Telephony Services you shall submit written details of the requested change to us via the member experience team. We shall require one calendar months’ notice to make such changes and we have no obligation to do so unless and until we have agreed in writing the necessary variations to our charges and any other relevant changes to our terms to take account of the requested change. Where you request a change, this cannot be reversed during the term of your agreement and will automatically be incurred for the remainder of the term.
e. Please note that our standard direct dial numbers are unable to be ported to any 3rd party provider. If you wish to have this flexibility, we must be informed at the outset and, if possible, this will be subject to a DDI range set up fee.
f. We will provide the IT & Telephony Services with reasonable skill and care and use our reasonable endeavours to preserve the confidentiality of any data on the Network (such as voicemail messages) relating to you.
g. Fora IT Engineers can be booked in 30-minute increments to perform tasks such as: move in support, Communications Room access and supervision, printer set up, cable management and general troubleshooting. IT engineering time can be booked through the Fora member experience teams and is subject to availability. Desktop support is not included in this service.
h. Access to the Communications Room must be supervised by Fora IT engineers and booked at least two working days in advance. In the event of emergency, Fora will endeavour to grant access as soon as possible.
3. Your IT & Telephony Obligations
a. You will promptly report any defect or error in any IT & Telephony Services of which you become aware (confirming the details in writing) to the General Manager.
b. You will promptly provide any information which we may reasonably request and ensure that such information is materially accurate.
c. You will obtain all necessary consents or licences which may be required from any third party (such as any third-party licensor of any component of the equipment) to enable us to provide the IT & Telephony Services.
d. You shall be responsible for: making your own back-ups of all data and we shall have no liability for loss or interception of any of your data and the content of all its transmissions which may pass through the internet and/or the Network Connection.
e. You will not damage or interfere with any of our equipment, including any cables, plugs and floor ports. Any damage will be chargeable on or before termination of your Licence as part of the reasonable dilapidations fee payable by you to us.
f. You shall not distribute unsolicited advertising, chain letters, or commercial electronic mail (spam), propagate computer worms or viruses, attempt to gain unauthorised entry to other computers, data or networks, distribute or receive any pornography, obscene, or defamatory material over the internet or infringe any third party copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
g. You shall notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any improper use of the Network Connection and/or damage or the likelihood of damage to the Network Connection or to the Network. We may charge a re-connection fee for the re-supply of IT and Telephony services.
h. You agree that you will not use the Network Connection in any way that may damage the Network Connection or violate the law, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or adversely affects the users, services, or our equipment, the Network or the Network Services Supplier.
i. You agree that in using the Network Connection you will comply with all applicable requirements and regulations, whether statutory or otherwise.
j. You shall comply with all reasonable instructions given to you by us or the Network Services Supplier including instructions relating to the Network Connection;
k. You shall comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data and other regulated materials via the Network Connection.
l. You will not connect your firewall to our Network without our written consent.
m. If we reasonably believe that the provisions of paragraph 11 are being breached, we may suspend without notice your use of the Shared Internet Access Services.
n. You acknowledge that we accept no responsibility for your transmissions.
o. You shall only obtain specialist equipment in connection with the IT & Telephony Services if purchased from us or one of our authorised suppliers or otherwise subject to our prior written approval before it is connected to the Network.
4. Shared Internet Access Services may not be used by you:
a. To allow the Network to be used by a number of users to share a single IP address to directly access the internet (commonly called proxy use).
b. For the connection of any of your equipment that will or may (in our reasonable opinion) disproportionately degrade the overall performance of the Shared Internet Access Service.
5. Licence and equipment
a. If the supply of any IT & Telephony Services by us to you will involve the use by you of any computer software programmes or other IP Rights belonging to us or of the Network Services Supplier, we grant you a licence on such terms as we may reasonably require to use such programmes or other IP Rights for the purposes for which the IT & Telephony Services are supplied.
b. You agree to comply with all terms or restrictions in relation to the licence to and use by you of computer software and other IP Rights as may be notified by us to you from time to time.
c. You acknowledge that any mobile signal is the responsibility of the provider and not us and we shall have no liability for the lack or degrading of the mobile signal.
d. You shall not house or store your equipment in the Common Areas or any other part of a Fora Building without our prior written consent. Any equipment which is left in these areas without consent may be removed without warning.
e. We have the right to suspend or terminate the power provided or require that you remove your equipment if your equipment is deemed by us to represent a safety or other hazard and you shall not plug into Network any such equipment without our prior written consent.
f. We will provide reasonable power (being a total power consumption not exceeding 300 watts) and air-conditioning to your office space to cover one computer, up to 2 screens and 1 phone charger per workstation during standard working hours. We do not provide power and air-conditioning for any server or network equipment you may have. On this basis, any server or network equipment should be housed in the communal communications room which we may make available to you in the Fora Buildings. If you have any specific power or cooling requirements, we will endeavour to accommodate you, but please be aware that this will incur additional charges which we will notify to you as and when they may be applicable.
g. You warrant to us that your equipment and your use of it (a) will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards; (b) will be safe to the extent required by law or required by us; (c) will comply in all material respects with all applicable conditions and standards of any relevant telecommunications company or provider (including but not limited to BT); (d) will be suitable in all material respects for the connection to the appropriate telecommunications network; and (e) will have installed adequate anti-virus software.
a. Save as expressly set out in this section of the Fora House Rules no conditions, warranties or other terms, whether express or implied, shall apply to the IT & Telephony Services, including warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for any particular purpose.
b. We do not offer any warranty or guarantee regarding the continued and uninterrupted availability of the IT & Telephony Services to you and we shall not incur any liability if and to the extent that the confidentiality of any data belonging to you is not maintained.
c. Neither we nor the Network Service Supplier shall be liable for unauthorised access to our or your transmission facilities or equipment or for unauthorised access to or alteration, theft, damage or destruction of your data files, programmes, procedures or information, or any other IP Rights regardless of whether resulting from our or the Network Service Supplier's negligence or by accident.
a. The supply of IT and Telephony Services to you ends when your licence of the office space is terminated or expires.
b. On the termination of arrangements for us to provide you with IT and Telephony Services you shall relinquish any IP addresses, address blocks or phone numbers (subject to paragraph 3) assigned to you by us or the Network Services Supplier and return all equipment made available by us to you in such condition as when it was provided to you. Any damage caused to equipment shall be charged to you.
c. In the event that you wish to keep your phone number on termination you must request this in writing, we may or may not, in our sole discretion, be able to provide for this, however if we are able to provide this a set-up fee may be payable in such amount as notified by us to you.Should you not express a wish to retain a phone number, this will be automatically disconnected and will no longer be available.
1. Our member experience team in all our UK buildings can print documents for you should these be required.
2. A small charge per page will be levied for all printing whether black or white or colour.
3. You are also able to use our shared printed facilities where available, but we highly recommend the use of your own printer, which is to be connected via Lan/Wi-Fi inside your space to safeguard the privacy of your information and data.
4. Shared printers in the post rooms in our German buildings are available for use by all members and their guests. These printers do not have a secure print solution.
a. Any printing done on our shared printers is at your own risk.
b. Where available we recommend you use the function that allows you to release a print job via a pin code. This option is only compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems and will not function on Chrome or Linux systems. Should you wish to make use of the print by pin function, instructions can be requested from the member experience team.
5. By utilising any shared printer, you agree to abide by any rules and recommendations which may be notified to you from time to time. You acknowledge that use of the printer is at your own risk and Fora takes no responsibility for (but not limited to) loss of data, loss of confidential information, loss of business or any direct or indirect losses stemming from your use of the printer or downloading of any ancillary software or drivers.
Communications Room Access Policy
a. Your access to any Fora communications room is subject to prior authorisation from the Fora IT team.
- Access will only be provided for valid business needs, such as the installation or maintenance of member IT equipment.
2. Request Process
a. To gain access to a Fora communications room, you must submit a written request to the member experience team at your Home Building which must include the following information:
i. the full name of all individuals requiring access;
ii. the proposed date and time of the visit; and
iii. the purpose of the visit (e.g. equipment installation, air conditioning maintenance etc.).
b. A minimum of two working days' notice is required for all access requests.
c. Fora may deny your access to a communications room for any reason.
i. If your access has been approved and scheduled, a copy of Fora’s Communications Room Access Policy will be sent to you by a member of the Fora IT Team or the member experience team. Prior to access to any communications room, you must review the policy and provide your written agreement to this.
a. Your access to the communications room will be monitored at all times for security purposes
b. This will be achieved either by the presence of a member of the Fora IT Team or remote monitoring via CCTV by a member of the Fora IT Team.
a. Your monitored access to any Fora communications room will incur the following charges:
i. During Standard Working Hours:Access during regular working hours is subject to a charge of £100 plus VAT per hour or 120€ plus VAT per hour. The billing is done in increments of 30 minutes, with a minimum charge of 30 minutes applied.
ii. Outside Standard Working Hours:For access outside regular working hours, the rate is £150 plus VAT per hour or 180€ plus VAT per hour. Access during this time is provided on a reasonable endeavours basis and is subject to the following minimum fees:
- Weekday Evenings:Access during weekday evenings is billed in 30-minute increments, with a minimum charge of two hours.
- Weekends or Public Holidays:Access during weekends or public holidays is billed in 30-minute increments as well, with a minimum charge of four hours.
b. All charges are exclusive of VAT
5. Communications Room Access
a. For security purposes, your access to a communications room will be logged at each time of entry by a member of the Fora IT Team. This will include a copy of your name, time and date of your visit, and the purpose of your visit, which may be recorded by way of a physical singing sheet, a QR code, or any other alternative method communicated by the Fora IT Team from time to time.
b. While in a Fora communications room, you agree that you shall not
i. access any Fora or other Fora client network equipment;
ii. disconnect any power cords which do not belong to you; or
iii.otherwise take any action which could affect other users on the Fora network.
c. You will be liable for any damage or losses incurred by us, any other Fora clients, or any other users on the network as a result of your access to and actions while in a Fora communications room.
d. Your access to a Fora communications room may be revoked at any time without notice and for any reason.
6. Member Specific Communications Room Access
a. Where a communications room both serves a single floor of a Fora building of which you are the sole occupier and forms part of your designated office space, you are permitted to access this communications room without the need to be accompanied by a member of the Fora IT Team or for your access to be monitored via CCTV.
b. Your unaccompanied access to your designated communications room is subject to the following conditions.
i. you must follow the same access request process as outlined in paragraphs (A) and (B) above;
ii. Your access to this communications room is subject to the prior approval of the Fora IT Team who have sole discretion in this matter; and
- You agree not to make any changes to the cabling infrastructure or to access Fora communications equipment including, but not limited to, firewalls, network switches, power supplies and access points.
c. Members of the Fora IT team shall be granted unfettered access to the communications room which serves your designated office space at all times without the need for prior notice and without the requirement to provide reasoning.