Fora Resident House Rules
To keep you safe, secure and happy in our buildings, we’ve laid out some ground rules below. If you have any questions about these, please feel free to discuss them with your General Manager.
These House Rules set out some rules and regulations that apply to your use of the FORA buildings and services and are supplementary to our terms and conditions. Any breach of these rules by you or one of your employees could lead to a termination of your occupational agreement or the exclusion of employees from FORA buildings. The definitions used in the terms and conditions shall have the same meaning in these House Rules.
Access & Access Cards
- Access to your Home FORA is 24/7 and our team are on-site to support you during the hours of 7am - 7pm Monday to Thursday and 7am – 6pm on Friday (except holidays). We may alter the access to your home FORA building (or any other FORA building) at any time at our reasonable discretion.
- Open Desk (All Houses) and Owned Desk members have access;
- to the coworking areas and lounge areas 24/7 in their Home FORA building;
- 24/7 access to all FORA buildings with coworking and lounge spaces. Your concierge team can advise you of additional locations that have communal open desks that you will have access to. All communal open desks are on a come first served bases and there may be times were there is no availability.
- Open Desk (Home site) members have access to their Home FORA only.
- On the first occasion of visiting a location which is not your home location we request that you register with the concierge team so we can provide you with necessary H&S information as well as support you make the working day comfortable and productive for you.
- On your last day, please return all keys and swipe cards. Should any not be returned you may be liable to a charge that will be taken from your deposit (equivalent to the cost of the key and/or swipe card).
- From time to time FORA buildings will undergo refurbishments and/or design changes and we may make changes to the size, areas and layouts of FORA buildings and the office spaces
- As an Eligible User, the first time you arrive at Fora, you will be given your access pass. Don’t forget to carry it with you as this will give you physical access to your Fora building as well as the other buildings around the Fora network (unless you have a single-location membership).
- When using your access card to move within the building, please be mindful of people coming in behind you, they may not have the same authorisation.
- If you lose your access card (we’ve all been there), inform your concierge team as soon as possible. They will cancel your lost card and organise a replacement (£20+VAT).
- It is important for us to know what you look like, please ensure you have uploaded a photo of yourself onto your account; this is so we can identify you as well as any unauthorised person/s entering the space.
Coming & Going
- If you are leaving the office, even just for a bit, please ensure you always lock the door behind you. If you are making use of our bike store, ensure the doors close securely behind you. All other Residents must use the main entrance.
- Please do not prop open any doors or activate the emergency release button. If you are accessing the building outside of our typical concierge hours, please register with the night concierge team or security guard. During this time, be vigilant of doors closing fully behind you, and be sure to report any suspicious behaviour.
- We will always let you know in advance if contractors need to enter your space. Our cleaners, security and maintenance teams are easily identifiable by their uniform and will always display an appropriate badge.
Not so hidden extras
- Bespoke IT Engineer Hours - Engineer work is charged at £150 per hour between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday. Out of hours requests are available and quoted separately
- Floor box moves - Floor boxes are positioned in places to match the floor plan, or to sit in the trays underneath the flooring. If you would like floor boxes moved, a quote can be prepared on request. They will need to be moved back when the office is vacated, this will incur a dilapidation charge. Any requests for additional power or floor boxes to be installed will be quoted at the time of request.
- Maintenance Team Assistance – We can provide handyman services, which are quoted per job. Any parts purchased by FORA will be recharged.
- Alterations - If you wish to adapt your space to better suit your ways of working, we will work with you to submit an Alterations quote. This includes an up-front cost, as well as dilapidations charges.
- Furniture - Your workstation count will be agreed during onboarding prior to move in. If you would like to request to remove and add workstations, there may be a charge for delivery and/or removal.
- Only Eligible users are entitled to access our coworking spaces and utilise the services. Access to coworking spaces and communal areas are depending on availability and there is no guarantee that there are free desks or lounge areas at any given time.
- Guests are not permitted to use the coworking space except to attend meetings where meeting rooms are booked for this reason. Registered visitors are allowed for short periods of time for where they are visiting the space for events during day concierge hours only.
- Your guests will be required to sign in and out at concierge every time you enter and leave a FORA building.
- Please use areas with due regard to the rights and interests of other users, including, without limitation, having regard to noise levels (including phone use and music), disturbance, the amount of space you are using and your use of the wireless connections.
- Please don’t spread out papers, coats and bags in a way that will stop members from working from other seats and keep the space tidy and clear of rubbish and any obstructions. Please use the cloakroom, lockers or coat hooks that are there for your convenience.
Personal and Company owned belongings
- All Residents are responsible for their own belongings both in their office and communal areas. Fora take no responsibility for any damage, loss, or theft. We recommend that all companies have their own content insurance covering all valuable items.
- You will be responsible for any equipment that you borrow from our concierge (e.g. phone charges), liable for damage caused to such equipment and the cost of any equipment not returned to concierge by 6pm on the day that it was borrowed.
- Common areas are there for FORA members to enjoy and although we have cleaning teams on site to support, please do clean up after yourself to keep the space a welcoming environment.
- Please do not use the common areas to conduct formal meetings and be aware that we may ask you to move into a meeting room (at your expense) should we discover you are using the space inappropriately or preventing other FORA members and their guests from enjoying the space.
- Please use the common areas with due regard to other users and in particular, have regard to your noise levels. If you are making too much noise, you may be asked to leave the relevant common area.
- While we want you to be able to use the common areas freely, please respect that other FORA members may be using the common areas for other purposes and may require a degree of privacy and quietness. Likewise, if the space is noisy and you need somewhere quiet to focus, you may need to move to a different area.
- Please make use of the phone booths and focus booths, when you need a private area to focus, make calls or join virtual meetings. Please do not occupy the phone and focus booth spaces for prolonged periods of time. If we are concerned your use of the booths is impeding other users having fair use of these spaces, we may ask you to relocate to a different area.
- Not everybody shares the same taste in music, so please do not to listen to music or any other audio at a volume audible to others in common areas.
- Please respect others when using your mobile phone in common areas and avoid loud phone conversations.
Use of Terraces
- Please do not smoke or use e-cigarettes on our terraces.
- Please leave our terraces in the condition in which you found them, clearing all items, and using the waste bins provided.
- Please do not do anything that causes damage, nuisance or annoyance to other residents or staff, or any occupants of neighbouring premises. We politely ask that you keep noise to a minimum when using our terraces.
- Our terraces close at 7pm due to licensing regulations.
- We reserve the right to close or temporarily suspend use of our terraces at our discretion for any purpose. There may be instances where events are being held at one of our Workspaces and the terraces are closed to you.
- If you are holding an event, this must be organised through our events team. You must not hold an event without our prior written consent.
- For the purposes of the House Rules: an ‘event’ is a gathering on our terraces of 10 or more people; and the ‘terraces’ are the open common areas in our buildings.
- Your company has a pre-arranged monthly balance (credits) to book meeting rooms.
Booking meeting rooms
- The easiest way to book rooms is via the Fora App or Portal where you’ll find all the information you need about each room; you can also ask the concierge team to book them on your behalf.
Changes to meeting room bookings
- You can amend the booking via the APP or the Portal up to 2 hours before the start date alternatively contact your concierge team. Boardrooms need to be cancelled 24 hours in advance.
Cancellation of meeting room bookings
- N.B: Bookings cancelled with less than 2 hours’ notice will still be chargeable by the original payment method.
Unauthorised use of Meeting Rooms and other bookable facilities
- Fora reserves the right to charge for a minimum of one hour in the scenario of Residents occupying meeting rooms or other bookable facilities. In the instance of repeated offences Fora do reserve the right to take further actions such as removing meeting room credits.
- Please contact your concierge team to find out about catering services as we partner with local businesses for Food & Beverage services.
Use of FORA Buildings
- You shall use the FORA buildings only for conducting your usual business in your own name and not for any medical or retail purposes involving frequent visits by members of the public or for any other use.
- You shall not display any advertisement, signboards, nameplate, inscription, flag, banner, placard, poster, signs or notices anywhere in the FORA buildings (including on doors and windows) without our prior written consent.
- You shall not use our name or the specific brand of FORA or any FORA building in any way in connection with the promotion of your business.
- You shall not use any FORA building as your registered office address or your address for service of legal proceedings, unless you have completed our checks as part of your contract agreement stage and authorised by us to do so.
- You and your employees shall assist us in performing our obligations specified in our terms and conditions. Such co-operation shall include access to any office space and equipment.
- You shall not take into any FORA building or have delivered to a FORA Building any noxious, harmful, dangerous, or perishable objects. Standard office consumables will not be considered a breach of this rule.
- You shall not burn any candles or incense or light any fires in FORA buildings.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is prohibited in the common areas or anywhere else inside FORA buildings, including outdoor spaces such as terraces.
- Soliciting, canvassing and selling goods of any kind is prohibited in FORA buildings save with our prior written approval.
- Neither you or any of your employees in any FORA building shall:
- Take any illegal drugs.
- Engage in inappropriate, sexual, offensive or intimidating behaviour.
- Be under the influence of excess alcohol
- You shall not operate microwaves or any other cooking appliance, which has not been provided by us, within any FORA building.
- We expect all FORA Members to interact with one another and with our staff in a respectful and professional manner. Any incidences of harassment or inappropriate behaviour and language will result in an offender being prohibited access to all FORA buildings and (where applicable) having membership cancelled.
Dogs and other pets
- Fora Space Limited Dog Policy allows Residents to bring dogs into our buildings.
- We allow this due to the noted benefits of having support animals within the workspace, such as increased motivation, reduced stress levels and a talking point for relationship building with colleagues. Residents should decide internally if they allow dogs in their office before requesting permission from Fora. These pets are only allowed to roam freely within their designated office space and must be kept on a lead within all other communal spaces on the property. Fora takes no responsibility for the welfare of any pets onsite, and it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure the dog is kept away from other Residents, guests and staff unless explicitly expressed otherwise by the other person. Any issues or complaints to do with a particular dog should be raised to the General Manager of the site for review, and actions will be taken accordingly on a case-by case basis. Any allergies or phobias that are highlighted to us by a Resident will be reviewed and actioned accordingly on a case-by-case basis.
- Key notes for Residents with pets: Only permitted to Residents occupying an Owned Office (not an Open/ Owned Desk)
- The owners take full responsibility for their dog
- There should be no more than one dog per office, unless reviewed in advance with Fora
- Pets should be micro-chipped, and house trained
- Pets should be kept on a lead when out of the office
- Not allowed within cafe areas
- Not to be left unattended within the Owned Office space
- Any costs for damage made by the dog will be recharged to the Resident
- Any cleaning costs incurred as a result of the dog will be recharged to the Resident
- Owners must make sure their dog does not wander into restricted areas
- Owners are solely accountable and responsible for their dog’s behaviour Residents should refer to the dangerous and banned dogs lists on the gov.uk website before requesting access to site, as these breeds will not be permitted.
- Residents will need approval from the site General Manager for any larger breeds. Fora reserves the right to refuse access or request the removal of any dog without explanation. Fora Space Limited
Post and deliveries
- The concierge team will manage your post for you and send you an email when you have deliveries at the concierge desk. Please ensure all incoming deliveries clearly include your name and company name. You can also post items via Royal Mail, who collect out-going post at Fora once a day; simply purchase the necessary postage from the concierge team.
Personal Information, GDPR & CCTV
- Fora Space Limited, its affiliated and group companies (“We” “us“, “our” or “Fora“) provides flexible workspace (our “Space“) and related services (our “Services“). Fora publish a website at www.foraspace.com (the “Website“) and web mobile applications (“Apps“) in connection with our Services. For further information on how we use your personal information, GDPR and CCTV recordings, please follow the link to our policy https://www.foraspace.com/fora-website-and-app-privacy-policy.
- We may for marketing purposes take photographs or video footage in our FORA buildings. These images and footage may include you and your guest and by being a member you consent to us doing so.
- If you wish to use any of our images of FORA buildings then you must request this in writing with a copy of the images you wish to use.
- You agree that any images or material from any document or webpage produced by us (including data, illustrations, designs, photographs, video clips, text, graphics and logos) are owned exclusively by us and/or our content providers. Any use or distribution is prohibited without our prior written permission.
Health & Safety
- Fire safety In the event of a fire alarm, please calmly leave the building via your nearest emergency exit and muster at the nearest assembly point. The fire alarm is tested every week; your concierge team will let you know when to expect each test.
- In the event of a fire, the fire marshal from the concierge team will ensure that each area of the building is cleared and safe.
- Personal possessions: please note that it is your responsibility to look after your own personal belongings, insuring and maintaining them as necessary.
- First aid: if you or anyone in your team feels unwell or is injured, please request assistance from the concierge team. First aid boxes are kept in each kitchen and at the concierge desk, and Fora has appointed trained first aiders within each team.
- The concierge team can tell you who the first aider is on each shift. Reporting accidents and near misses Please report any accidents or near misses to the General Manager of your building. It is important that Fora be made aware of all incidents so we can ensure they do not happen again.
- If you see anything out of the ordinary, please let your concierge team know. While Residents are responsible for their personal health and safety, we want to keep you and your possessions as safe as possible whilst in our buildings. Our buildings are equipped with extensive safety measures, but it is important we work together to ensure your safety, and that of your fellow Residents. To do this, there are a few things to keep in mind while roaming our spaces. Our concierge teams across all Fora locations have been trained to react on the off chance of a security breach or emergency. We also have CCTV in all communal spaces and private offices, as well as access control and intruder alarms.
In case of an emergency
- If an incident occurs, we may need to evacuate without triggering the fire alarm.
- Please follow guidance from your concierge team, security, or police. Please do not use the fire exit or emergency routes for any other purpose than in an emergency.
Gyms and bike storage
- Gyms are bookable via the Fora App between 7am – 7pm, outside of these times the gyms are not in use.
- If you are a regular cyclist, please speak with your concierge team to arrange bike access.
IT and telephony services
- The following definitions shall apply in this section of the FORA House Rules:-
- “Communal Wifi” means the unprotected shared communal wifi made available by us FORA Buildings;
- "IP Rights" means intellectual property rights of any nature anywhere in the world whether registered, registrable or otherwise, including patents, trade marks, registered designs and domain names, applications for any of the foregoing, trade or business names, copyright, design rights, rights in databases, know-how and any other intellectual property rights which subsist in computer software, computer programs, websites, documents, information, techniques, business methods, drawings, logos, instruction manuals, lists and procedures;
- "Network" means the (i) hardware, including computers (desktop or laptop), telephone handsets, servers, communications equipment, printers, scanners, cabling, peripheral computer equipment and other physical equipment; (ii) infrastructure, including the cables, sockets and data points, local and wide area network links and ports installed from time to time at the FORA Buildings and patch leads, communication leads and other similar peripheral computer equipment; and (iii) software, including desktop operating systems and software, word processing systems and software, desktop faxing, mail client software and other IP Rights; all of which are owned by or licensed to us for the purposes of the provision of the IT & Telephony Services.
- 'Network Connection' means the internet connection provided to you in accordance with these FORA House Rules;
- 'Network Services Supplier' means any third party supplier providing to us certain services in connection with the provision of the IT & Telephony Services;
- “Shared Internet Access" means access to bandwidth shared by you with other users.
- 'Shared Internet Access Services' means the services which provide you with Shared Internet Access.
- “Telecommunication Lines” means the telecommunication lines and equipment belonging to us including internet access, telephone, fax line and data.
(B) IT & Telephony Services
- If you have licensed Office Space from us and have not declined our IT Services, Telephony Services or IT and Telephony Services we will provide those IT & Telephony Services that you have chosen to receive from us to you in accordance with this section of the FORA House Rules.
- Any targets dates for performance of our obligations set out in this section are estimates only and time will not be of the essence for the performance of our obligations.
- If we request a change to the scope or execution of the IT & Telephony Services we shall submit written details of the requested change to you and provide a written estimate to you of the likely time required to implement such change, any variations to our charges and any other material changes to our terms.
- If you request a change to the scope or execution of the IT & Telephony Services you shall submit written details of the requested change to us via our concierge or IT Infrastructure Team. We shall require one calendar months’ notice to make such changes and we have no obligation to do so unless and until we have agreed in writing the necessary variations to our charges and any other relevant changes to our terms to take account of the requested change.
- We will provide the IT & Telephony Services with reasonable skill and care and use our reasonable endeavours to preserve the confidentiality of any data on the Network (such as voicemail messages) relating to you.
- Access to the Communications Room must be supervised by FORA IT engineers and booked at least two working days in advance. In the event of emergency, FORA will endeavour to grant access as soon as possible.
(C) Your IT & Telephony Obligations
- You will promptly report any defect or error in any IT & Telephony Services of which you become aware (confirming the details in writing) to the concierge or IT Infrastructure Team.
- You will promptly provide any information which we may reasonably request and ensure that such information is materially accurate.
- You will obtain all necessary consents or licences which may be required from any third party (such as any third party licensor of any component of the equipment) to enable us to provide the IT & Telephony Services.
- You shall be responsible for: making your own back-ups of all data and we shall have no liability for loss or interception of any of your data and the content of all its transmissions which may pass through the internet and/or the Network Connection.
- You will not damage any of our equipment, including any cables, plugs and floor ports. Any damage will be chargeable on or before termination of your Licence as part of the reasonable dilapidations fee payable by you to us.
- You shall not distribute unsolicited advertising, chain letters, or commercial electronic mail (spam), propagate computer worms or viruses, attempt to gain unauthorised entry to other computers, data or networks, distribute or receive any pornography, obscene, or defamatory material over the internet or infringe any third party copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
- You shall notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any improper use of the Network Connection and/or damage or the likelihood of damage to the Network Connection or to the Network. We may charge a re-connection fee for the re-supply of IT and Telephony services.
- You agree that you will not use the Network Connection in any way that may damage the Network Connection or violate the law, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or adversely affects the users, services, or our equipment, the Network or the Network Services Supplier.
- You agree that in using the Network Connection you will comply with all applicable requirements and regulations, whether statutory or otherwise.
- You shall comply with all reasonable instructions given to you by us or the Network Services Supplier including instructions relating to the Network Connection.
- You shall comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data and other regulated materials via the Network Connection.
- You will not connect your firewall to our Network without our written consent.
- If we reasonably believe that the provisions of paragraph 11 are being breached, we may suspend without notice your use of the Shared Internet Access Services.
- You acknowledge that we accept no responsibility for your transmissions.
- You shall only obtain the equipment in connection with the IT & Telephony Services if purchased from us or one of our authorised suppliers or otherwise subject to our prior written approval before it is connected to the Network.
(D) Shared Internet Access Services (may not be used by you)
- To allow the Network to be used by a number of users to share a single IP address to directly access the internet (commonly called proxy use).
- For the connection of any of your equipment that will or may (in our reasonable opinion) disproportionately degrade the overall performance of the Shared Internet Access Service.
(E) Licence and equipment
- If the supply of any IT & Telephony Services by us to you will involve the use by you of any computer software programmes or other IP Rights belonging to us or of the Network Services Supplier, we grant you a licence on such terms as we may reasonably require to use such programmes or other IP Rights for the purposes for which the IT & Telephony Services are supplied.
- You agree to comply with all terms or restrictions in relation to the licence to and use by you of computer software and other IP Rights as may be notified by us to you from time to time.
- You acknowledge that any mobile signal is the responsibility of the provider and not us and we shall have no liability for the lack or degrading of the mobile signal.
- You shall not house or store your equipment in the Common Areas or any other part of a FORA Building without our prior written consent. Any equipment which is left in these areas without consent may be removed without warning.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate the power provided or require that you remove your equipment if your equipment is deemed by us to represent a safety or other hazard and you shall not plug into Network any such equipment without our prior written consent.
- If utilising any of our IT Services which require Comms Room access the Client may not use the comms room as a storage Facility due to health and safety protocols.
- We will provide reasonable power (being a total power consumption not exceeding 300 watts) and air-conditioning to your Office Space to cover one computer, up to 1 screens and 2USB charging Ports per workstation 24/7. We do not provide power and air-conditioning for any server you may have. On this basis, any server should be housed in the communal communications room which we may make available to you in the FORA Buildings. If you have any specific power or cooling requirements, we will endeavour to accommodate you, but please be aware that this will incur additional charges which we will notify to you as and when they may be applicable.
- You warrant to us that your equipment and your use of it (a) will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards; (b) will be safe to the extent required by law or required by us; (c) will comply in all material respects with all applicable conditions and standards of any relevant telecommunications company or provider (including but not limited to BT); (d) will be suitable in all material respects for the connection to the appropriate telecommunications network; and (e) will have installed adequate anti-virus software.
- will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the provision of the IT and Telephony Services does not affect your equipment.
- Save as expressly set out in this section of the FORA House Rules no conditions, warranties or other terms, whether express or implied, shall apply to the IT & Telephony Services, including warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for any particular purpose.
- We do not offer any warranty or guarantee regarding the continued and uninterrupted availability of the IT & Telephony Services to you and (c) we shall not incur any liability if and to the extent that the confidentiality of any data belonging to you is not maintained.
- Neither we nor the Network Service Supplier shall be liable for unauthorised access to our or your transmission facilities or equipment or for unauthorised access to or alteration, theft, damage or destruction of your data files, programmes, procedures or information, or any other IP Rights regardless of whether resulting from our or the Network Service Supplier's negligence or by accident.
- The supply of IT and Telephony Services to you ends when your licence of the Office Space is terminated or expires.
- On the termination of arrangements for us to provide you with IT and Telephony Services you shall relinquish any IP addresses, address blocks or phone numbers (subject to paragraph 3) assigned to you by us or the Network Services Supplier and return all equipment made available by us to you in such condition as when it was provided to you. Any damage caused to equipment shall be charged to you.